~Brought up 2 SharE~

"Remember to Remember"

Tung Sing @ Kajang Town

I remembered well my English cousin from London once asked me when we brought her out for breakfast during her visit to Malaysia:


"Why do you guys have noodles like, ALL the time?" 
"It's SO HEAVY for breakfast!"
"I still love my cereals & milk"

Come to think of it, it's really unusual for us, not to have a bowl of piping hot noodles to start off our day right?

When dad exclaimed to us one day that he had the BEST TOAST in town, we were excited to check out its whereabouts.

Spotted: Located at Kajang Town, this little coffee shop tucked in at the heart of the town at one of the old shoplots have been operating for a long time even during Chris's toddling times, where his parents would bring him over for breakfast. It's kinda hard to find an authentic Chinese coffee house in KL or Klang valley nowadays don't you agree?


IMG_5769


IMG_5780

Half-boiled Kampung Eggs (perfectly done)






IMG_5764


IMG_5763

Kaya Butter Toast - crispy on the outside, fragrant kaya and butter to match with.
We recommend this :)

Noodles were great too.


IMG_5778

Curry Noodles (RM3.50)




IMG_5770

Chicken Noodles Soup (RM3.50)


IMG_5760

 the only noodle stall in this little coffee shop. Be sure to find this place :)

P/S: we have been feeding on cereals and milk for a year previously. It was really not bad after all & we missed it! hehe. 



View Tung Sing Coffee Shop in a larger map


What's your favourite breakfast to start off your day?



17 comments:

SueSue March 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Eh Mendaling Street in Kajang got such coffee shop ah? Must go and hunt for it this Sunday. Maybe I've eaten b4 but didn't bother to know the name of the shop. LOL

neemeng March 30, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

i luv those kampung half boil eggs! when i balik kampung i get to hav those really fresh ones. collected in the morning straight from the chicken my grandparents rear.. yum!

Julian Si March 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

Wow, love the photos, very VERY nice :-)

ps - My favourite breakies? Wan Tan Mee!!!

J2Kfm March 30, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Toast, eggs and coffee.
Hands down.

ai wei March 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

ooo, kaya butter toast!

meowww, when we breakkie again??? o brunch o tea o dinner? i can't wait liaooo

foodbin March 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

those reddish yolk kampung eggs are lovely.

Christina Kim March 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Such exquisite photos that I was almost misled to believe that Tung Sing was an exclusive breakfast haunt (like hotel or something), LOL! =P

Simon Seow March 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Ah the half boiled eggs look so lovely. I wished kopitiam near my place makes half boiled eggs like those. Kajang too far leh for me lol.

iamthewitch March 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Ah my number 1 choice of breakfast anytime :)

choi yen March 30, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

If can, I'll have half boil eggs, kaya & butter toast, sausages, sunny side up, bacon, porridge, soup noodle AND roti canai....as my breakfast, sound greedy hor but believe me, I'm a big eater!!!

FeR March 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

i'm not a breakfast person as in i don't like waking up earlier just to squeeze breakfast in before i start work - but i'm trying (i know! breakfast is most important!). i love breakfast meals though - english ones!
Bacon, eggs, french toast/pancakes...yummmmmm!

~Christine~Leng March 30, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

SueSue~
you're staying near Kajang?
then can go hunt for this shop. No really noticeable. But be sure to try out their kampung eggs and toast yea! good stuff :)


neemeng~
wow.. real fresh then. Where's your kampung btw? haha. Bring back some for me next time! hehe


Julian Si~
Thanks:)
Wan Tan Mee is a good stuff to start off our day too ! But I prefer toast ;)


Baby~
not rice for us but we love noodles! :)


J2Kfm~
esp Ipoh White Coffee right? aww... miss it!
With this toast and egg, Ipoh coffee would go well with them hands down :)


aiwei~
you have to try this toast dear. Real good! :)

~Christine~Leng March 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

foodbin~
yea. the kampung eggs might be smaller to those normal ones, but it tasted better somehow. haha. And the orangey yolks are real attractive. ^^


Christy~
haha. thanks gal. Drop by Kajang someday?


Simon Seow~
should come explore wat... Chris can bring you around! hehe


iamthewitch~
coffee, toast and eggs? high five! but for me, minus the coffee.. lol.


mimid3vils~
I salute you gal!
Wish i could have all of those too. But I just can;t.. hahaha


FeR~
breakfast is very important gal ;)
but during my working days, i normally just have a hot drink i the morning. Will chow down on weekends! :) Wish I could have a hearty breakfast every morning, but sometimes just have to watch over the diet ;P

Bangsar-bAbE March 31, 2010 at 2:18 AM  

Come to think of it, I almost never eat breakfast on a weekday. So I make do with just black coffee.

On weekends, I love a nice English breakfast, or kaya toast & egg & kopi. =D

Taufulou March 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

aiyoo..
y so far..~

~Christine~Leng March 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

bangsar-babe~
me too gal. that's why i look forward to every weekend :) makes me happier with breakfast like this.


taufulou~
u went to kajang for satay, can make time for this when u have the time again. hehe

Apple Foodees October 12, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

I am trying this tomorrow. :)



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Search Posts


Contact us at: broughtup2share@gmail.com

Recent Posts

ADs

Foodie Blogroll

Tweet us!

Tweet us!
Follow us on twitter.com

chit-chat