~Brought up 2 SharE~

"Remember to Remember"

SOULed OUT @ Desa Sri Hartamas

It's been around 2 years since the 4 of us really sit down for a dinner and chat all night long. I wish it would be longer.

I remembered so well our sharings about a decade ago, when we were still young, naive girls trying to ace in class and did we talked about boys? All the time especially now. FYI, my besties are single ladies!

IMG_1329


We were at SOULed OUT for AiWei's birthday. Initially we thought of blind folding her and sorta kidnap her to the place. Sadly, she was the only one who could to direct us to Souled Out.

Souled Out is another popular hang out venue for people of all ages I noticed. I've been there when I was just a high school girl & I have totally forgotten about this place until one of them reminded me. Though I've been there, the environment seemed new to me.
Did you know that they have 3 different dining spots?
Al-Fresco - the casual setting where you will feel the hive of activity, the Garden - for those who would like to hear the chatter of crickets as you sip that luscious cocktail & Mezzanine floor - a cosy corner being cocooned in air conditioned comfort.

We love happening environment and we chose to be seated at the al-fresco dining area.

Souled Out

IMG_1333






Lamb Chop served with roasted baby potatoes sauteed panache vegetables & rosemary sauce - RM32 (medium rare)
The lamb chop tasted alright but was loaded with lotsa fatty meat which got us girls refrained. However, Chris love it this way.

IMG_1354


Spaghetti Carbonara - RM20
Sinfully rich & creamy with bacon & garlic cream sauce. Souled Out whipped out this Carbonara good. Just so rich and not to overwhelming.

IMG_1353


Both thee Naans are bad choice with minimal taste. Luckily there was some dal gravy to go with.
Garlic Naan - RM6

IMG_1355


Cheese Naan - RM6

IMG_1352


Deep Fried Calamari - RM18
This was worth ordering. Deep fried batter was crispy while the squids were fresh and springy. Great snacks to go with our beer!

IMG_1357


Happy Hour Heineken for us all

IMG_1348




Would you love a giant Birthday hat and a cute, outstanding glasses on you on your birthday? This would be your place. The whole crowd would be singing you birthday song. See how happy AiWei was!

Souled Out1


It's good to catch up with the girls I've known since we were all still so young again. Once, we were separated into 4 different continents & 2 years later, we were reunited. Time flies. I always said that, didn't I? I'm bored with my own quote.

How long have you not catch up with your school mates?
It's good to repatch and organize more gatherings in the midst of career laddering.  
Go Souled Out for beer and snacks! and Carbonara too :) 


map so


SOULed OUT
No. 20, Jalan 30/70A,
Desa Sri Hartamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2300 1955
Mondays to Fridays : Noon till 3pm, 6pm till closing
Saturdays & Sundays : 6pm till closing


7 comments:

Taufulou January 14, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

wow! this is a classic place for me.. been a long long time didnt not hang out here already, used to hang out here during college days~

iamthewitch January 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

This place is still around??? I remember being there like more than 10 years ago?? I was still in High School and Souled out was THE place to be! Glad that it still maintained it's status after so many years. :)

choi yen January 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

my dining experience at Souled Out was not good eh...food are overpriced & under par... :(

Bangsar-bAbE January 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

I find the food alright, it's best to stick to finger food and pizzas during happy hour. ;)

ai wei January 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

sadly, they dun have pizza that night. >_<

glad to have you gals around. esp this time we have 4 of us! wheeeeee... more parties to come hor?! can't wait!!!

xin January 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

i went there with my uni mates about...5 years ago..man time flies!!!!

daphne January 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

I miss my girly outings with my friends! That looks like an awesome place with good finger food- Pity about the naan though! they looked good but i guess that's certainly not enough for taste!~



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Search Posts


Contact us at: broughtup2share@gmail.com

Recent Posts

ADs

Foodie Blogroll

Tweet us!

Tweet us!
Follow us on twitter.com

chit-chat