~Brought up 2 SharE~

"Remember to Remember"

Tetra House of Briyani @ Bandar Bukit Tinggi, Klang

IMG_6373

Tetra House of Briyani is one of my dad's favourite. Thanks to him for driving us the extra miles to this hidden treasure in Klang, we have a new hang out place if we ever wanna top up our dose of lassis and briyani.

It's very comforting to be seated in an eatery decorated with a mixture of refinement. What I am referring to was the Chinese paintings hung on walls and Indian culture carvings and other decos. It's not poshy but you'll find this place restful.

IMG_6365


It has become a habit for us when it comes of ordering in Tetra, as if we don't need a menu to fuss on what to eat this time. Briyani and Lassi .fullstop.


Mutton Briyani - RM10
Tender mutton cooked in Tetra Signature sauce gave the kick. Served together with crispy poppadoms, dhal and the sourish diced vege (mind telling me what they are called?)

IMG_6381



Chicken Briyani - RM9
A generous portion of rice and chicken cooked in Kurma sauce. I still prefer the mutton version if you ask me, but this was still satisfactory.

IMG_6376



We ordered something extra that night.
Tosai or Dosa. Served with chutneys and flavoursome currys, we finished this fast even after a huge bowl of briyani rice.

IMG_6390


Same goes to the drinks, we had a habit of ordering nothing but Mango Lassi priced at RM3.80. It was perhaps the reason of me being a huge fan of mangoes, I fell in love with this share of mango lassi quickly. I boasted it to be the best lassi I ever had. Fresh sweet mangoes mixed with yoghurt is very memorable. To exxagerate things more, I could drive all the way to Klang just to have this!


IMG_6385


IMG_6402

the boss of Tetra :)

Look out on their notice board for their Special of the Day!

Tetra House of Briyani
No 10-00-1, Lorong Batu Nilam 4A,
Bandar Bukit Tinggi, 41200 Port Klang
Selangor
Tel.: +603 3324 2021
Business hours: 7am - 11pm (Closed on every 3rd week Mondays)



View Tetra House of Briyani in a larger map

17 comments:

Swee San October 22, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

I've yet to try it even though I stay in klang tee hee. Boss's wife is one of my student :P

thule a.k.a leo October 22, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

all the way to klang just for briyani??? that's outrageous!!! but then... so do I :) hahaha...

good for you that you have family outing.. for me, it's only once a year affair during CNY... all my siblings are not those homey type!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover October 22, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

All the way just for this briyani, I bet it must be very good, since I staying in Klang, I will definitely give it a try.

Pam October 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

Do they serve mutton curry? I always pair briyani rice with mutton curry, I think it is a must have

ck lam October 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

That mutton briyani looks good. I like it and have it at Kapitan in Penang.

Unknown October 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

oo god~!! I miss the Mango lassi there ~!! I din got to go~ >.< ... arghh... I'm gonna bring Pooi Mun go der someday...~~

ai wei October 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

sounds good dear, i also want!!! look at this also feel hungry... huh

J2Kfm October 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

but indeed, the lassi looks mighty orange, very concentrated i suppose.
is this place new? never seen the name in bkt tinggi even after repeated rounds in search of food.

iamthewitch October 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

I love mango lassi too! This looks splendid! :)

Rebecca Saw October 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Klang??
I nvr been there!
but but..briyani is one of my fav food ;)
I love all things rice laa

xin October 26, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

:P ok i just got my cravings for briyani fixed over the weekend :D

Taufulou October 26, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

go till so far and eat loh~
i only drive once to klang for bak kut teh..

since you say till so nice yet with the mango lasi..hrmm~
can put into my list then..keke

~Christine~Leng October 26, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Swee San~
your student? did she offered you discounts to go try their dishes? haha. Do drop by when u have the time and let me know what you think yea. :)


Leo~
yea... all the way to Klang just for it. Your siblings all working dy rite? Busy with work. You should organize a family gathering then! haha ^^


Sonia~
you stayed in Klang? guess you should give this place a try then since it's so near :)


Tarts & Pies~
yea.. they had mutton curry too. It's yummy :)


ck lam~
In Penang? This reminds one of Penang's nasi kandar! I missed it very much.:)


Kent~
who ask you go practice? haha. We can go again.No worries :)

~Christine~Leng October 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

aiwei~
you should try their mango lassi. It's really rich dear!! :)


J2Kfm~
very concentrated indeed! my fave drink. haha.
It's not new. Been there fir quite some years dy. Next round when you're in Bkt. Tinggi again, can drop by :)


iamthewitch~
u love mangoes too? then i bet you'll love it ^^


thenomadgourmand~
know you heart rice lots! :)
Seems like Klang got quite a number of good food. We'll search for more when we have time. hehe. Ask Unka bring you la... hehe ^^


xin~
yer... i wan some too.. :) mine not fixed yet. haha ^^


taufulou~
haha. put put. I exaggerated about the lassi too much hor? lol ;P

Huai Bin October 26, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Is that a hard boiled egg in the mutton briyani? It's the first time I've seen briyani served with an egg cooked with the rice. :)

~Christine~Leng October 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Huai Bin~
yea! It's an hard boiled egg :) Kinda different from the others with an extra egg ;P yumm.

t.a.c.a November 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

the name of the vege dish is raita i think :P



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Search Posts


Contact us at: broughtup2share@gmail.com

Recent Posts

ADs

Foodie Blogroll

Tweet us!

Tweet us!
Follow us on twitter.com

chit-chat