~Brought up 2 SharE~

"Remember to Remember"

Lauders @ Sauchiehall Street

Glasgow is turning me into......
a big-ger eater.....
I get hungry easily here. Due to cold weather? or due to the temptations of hanging out for more food after being locked up for days in my own room drenched with hassles with 400+ pages of specifics...
My high school teacher once told me that when you use your brain, a lot, you'll get hungry easily.
For a while, I'm happy I'm hungry as.....
I DID use my brain ;P

Went to Lauders Bar Restaurant for lunch and this place was packed with patrons. It's not roomy but the faint lightings around was alright.



I almost predicted what I will eat upon entering, yes, burgers. However, after absolute scrutinizing of the menu, I quickly abandoned this boring thoughts of having a burger. I went for the Smothered Chicken at £ 3.99. Tender chicken breast which was grilled, covered all over with tangy BBQ sauce, bacon and melted cheese on top. It was served with chips and peas. Thumbs up, it was delectable :)





The Fish and Chips at £ 4.95 was served with a large piece of crispy fish fillet, peas and chips. In the menu, it quoted "the dish that makes you proud to be British!" :P




Another recommended dish was the Steak and Ale Pie with Chips at £ 3.99. "Beer and Pie in one" Tasty chunks of prime steak and ale in pastry, also served with chips and green peas. The tangy flavour from the beef combined with hints of beer relish was perfect.




See see! Look what Glasgow is turning me into. Did I look chubbier??




Lauders Bar Restaurant
76 Sauchiehall Street
G2 3DE
Phone: +44 (0) 1413315181

13 comments:

Hong 阿豐 August 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

I am missing the Fish & Chips from Leeds market ^^

J2Kfm August 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

eh how come the steak cheaper than the steak?

wonder why they dun serve the chops with the peas here in Msia?
only frozen peas which I normally pick out and put aside.

Precious Pea August 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

I used to have HUGE appetite when I was studying in Melbourne too. Guess I was using brain back then. Hahaha!

Anonymous August 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

no la dear u still look good! haha now i know why i feel hungry all times, because I do a lot of thinking too!

ling239 August 18, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

very big piece of fish u have got there....^_^

choi yen August 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

U still look slim, don worry :)

ai wei August 18, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

got chubby meh?! still look the same skinny to me. but then it's a good thing that you enjoy while using ur brain in glasgow. wahaha

erm... the food looks good but... the pea..... i dislike it.

wmw August 19, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Servings are bigger there mah...hehehe...

Jun August 19, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

whr got chubbier lah, still leng lui as ever! ;)

Jason August 20, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

No chubbier la, still very much the same :)

Christine August 20, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

using brain is good..and portion definitely is bigger..but same as aiwei, i dont like the peas..looks a bit dull

Simon Seow August 25, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

I think you're too thin. Put on more weight is good for you. lol

Anonymous August 30, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

smothered chicken roxxxxx..the one in cardiff is served on a sizzling hot plate haha..u should come down and try =p



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Search Posts


Contact us at: broughtup2share@gmail.com

Recent Posts

ADs

Foodie Blogroll

Tweet us!

Tweet us!
Follow us on twitter.com

chit-chat