~Brought up 2 SharE~

"Remember to Remember"

Dragon-i @ Sunway Pyramid

It's another girls day out with my sistas! Another back dated post... please bear with me as I have lots to sort out and catch up. Went shopping with Yen and AiWei at Sunway Pyramid and we were excited to stroll and loiter around the newly extended shoplots. Most of them were not open while we were there, most probably have to wait till the end of the year. Spotted quite a number of eateries! Will be back to explore definitely :)

We decided to have a late lunch at Dragon-i after several dilemmas in decision making. This happens all the times right?


A well-known restaurant for xiu long bao and la mian, needless to describe much, I'm pretty sure there's nothing much to complain.

Drinks to satisfy our thirst and for throat-soothing, Yen and AiWei had the Winter Melon, Longan with Sea Coconut. Cold and hot respectively with each priced at RM4.50.



I opted for Sugar Cane with Water Chestnut, my favourite :) Also at RM4.50.


Chilled Sugar Cane with Water Chestnut and Winter Melon, Longan with Sea Coconut.


A definite must-order for us while dining at Dragon-i, the Shanghai Meat Dumpling (xiu long bao). A better version dumplings than Din Tai Fung for sure, the soupy broth, translucent smooth skin and densed meat just made us savour them. RM8 for 4 dumplings ;P

CIMG3416 copy


Cute lil' dumplings


CIMG3417 copy

Ginger and vinegar~ goes best with these dumplings


Shanghainese styled restaurants or other restaurants that served xiu long baos are growing like mushrooms nowdays. From cheap to unreasonable, tastewise varies. I had some at Puchong the other day, 4 dumplings for only RM4.50. Cheap eh? Delicious too! Will do my review on this later ;P

Coming back to our lunch, the girls made an order of the Steamed Egg Yolk Custard Bun, 3 for RM6. It's the first time I had this and we find them very pleasant! Liquefied egg yolk burried mountainously inside the steaming custard bun.. Ooo. Absolutely lovely :)

CIMG3422 copy




3 of us ordered their specialty La Mian;

Yen had the Fried Black Pepper Chicken La Mian for RM 14. Very flavourful and tasty, but somehow she complained that it's too spicy due to overdose of black pepper :P But I still find it acceptable.

CIMG3420 copy


I ordered myself the Fried Seafood La Mian priced at RM16. Tastiness not really comparable to the portion of noodle Yen had, I still love the smooth consistency of the noodles generated. A filling portion for me.

CIMG3418 copy


AiWei had the La Mian with Minced Meat & Mushroom in Spicy Sauce for RM12. Oops.. forgotten how her share of meal tasted. No complains right AiWei?

CIMG3412 copy


Back to shopping business and both my girlfriends are having their hectic finals now. Didn't get to hang out with them these days. Hope they'll pass with flying colours! All the best girls :P Know it's hard. What to do? No Sacrifice... No Victory! LoL ;P



~Non-Halal~
Dragon-i Restaurant
G1, 43, Ground Floor,
Sunway Pyramid,
3, Jalan PJS 11/15,
Bandar Sunway,
46150 Petaling Jaya.
Tel : 603-7492 3688
Fax: 603-7492 3988

16 comments:

Anonymous November 2, 2007 at 11:07 AM  

I call myself a food blogger but I have yet to step foot into any Dragon-i! :P

Anonymous November 2, 2007 at 1:58 PM  

Me either! Somehow, the name just never pop out in my mind.

MeiyeN November 2, 2007 at 3:47 PM  

it seems like da food @ dragon-i is getting better! had their xiu long bao weeks ago, yummy!

New Kid on the Blog November 2, 2007 at 8:29 PM  

Their seafood fried la mein is good! you should give it a try... i like their xio long bao

ai wei November 3, 2007 at 12:14 AM  

I MISS Xiu Loong Bao and the Custard Bun now.............

Hungry~~~

ai wei November 3, 2007 at 12:16 AM  

and exam in few hours time.

sobzzz

Anonymous November 3, 2007 at 12:19 AM  

dragon i's xiu long pau come no where close to shanghai restaurant in marriott..

anonymous food eater

Sugar Bean November 3, 2007 at 12:35 AM  

I haven't been to Dragon-i before. A bit outdated. Must try it out soon since you recommended their xiu long bao. The la mian looks fine. Might wanna check it out!

FL Sam November 3, 2007 at 7:19 AM  

I have been to Dragon I many times, their xiu long bao best and most of the dishes are ok. :)

Anonymous November 3, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

Dragon-i ! yeah, so far i went twice before, one time was at midvalley, then another time is at queensbay penang. just like the siu long bao. =)

ling239 November 3, 2007 at 11:07 PM  

i still prefer the shanghai steamed meat dumpling @ SOHO ~ ^_^
RM7 for 6 pcs...

Anonymous November 4, 2007 at 11:34 AM  

Ramen not bad huh?

~Christine~Leng November 4, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

tankiasu~
Really? I don't believe you! haha.. go try out one day then ;)


jason~
you too? Ok... just remember to try out their XLB when 'dragon-i' pops in your head next time ya!


meiyen~
Agree~ nod nod. Just hope that they'll maintain their standard or keep getting better! ;)


new kid on the blog~
I tried that already.. Really nice and tasty! What other recommendations? :) I seem to order only fried la mian and XLB when i'm
there..


aiwei~
hang on dear! one more paper to go and you can have all the XLB and custard bun you want. We'll try the ones at SOHO?


anonymous food eater~
thx for the recommendation again. Will definitely take note of that :)
Will explore more places for better comparison :)


wenching & esiong~
take your time... know there's plenty to try right? haha. Hope you'll enjoy while you're there ;)


nicholas~
you like it too? good! same here. I'm missing them now...


fl sam~
you're right. I don't seem to get bored as well :)


ling239~
I have yet to dine in at SOHO. Will make my way there soon... I hope! ;P I'll take note of your preference too!! thx ya!


celine~
yeap :) have you tried? I prefer Fried la mian to the ones with broth.

Big Boys Oven November 4, 2007 at 10:25 PM  

Hmmm I still sitting infront of my computer wondering , how come, hmmm.... one drinks serve in a drinking glass and while the other two drinks serve in plastic cup...looks for cheapo!

Xiu Long Bao November 5, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

high 5! it's my fave dragon-i :) Never seen this custard bun in the menu..hmm...must try it soon

~Christine~Leng November 8, 2007 at 4:04 PM  

big boys oven~
haha.. I think they actually wanted to use plastic cups for all but since it's hot, they use glass instead. Lazy to wash!lol


xiu long bao~
remember to try as it's delicious! You love custard bun right? ;)



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Search Posts


Contact us at: broughtup2share@gmail.com

Recent Posts

ADs

Foodie Blogroll

Tweet us!

Tweet us!
Follow us on twitter.com

chit-chat